Sunday 6 June 2010

Btown4 - B'Lincoln

Q. What British city gave its name to a US President?
A. Lincoln.  A very nice day out from only £60 at participating rail stations (garrr).  Absolutely thought Steep Hill was great, though I didn't notice the roadsigns too prominently, until you were halfway up and committed.  A real goth hangout and alternative Totnessy feel to the place with more Olde Coffee Pottes on that hill than in the entire collectables section of eBay.
You appreciate Lincoln's location and the uniqueness of its Hill when espying the city from a distance.  From the Water-rail Way by the river, for example.  I read about the Water-rail Way, which runs from Lincoln to Boston on Friday in a magazine which came through the door.  And I was 'on it' by Saturday lunchtime.  It's not as bewitching as the Tarka (Devon) but on the vicar's bike which I got for a fiver from those nice chaps at Barnes Cycles, believe me I was happy.
18 miles later, to Bardney and back, and it was all over with nothing left to do but obsessively charge and run my laptop for the remainder of the day (doing a bit of sitescraping on the sly).  Here be photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment